Combo Apps/MRRW by SKRWT update 1.2

SKRWT 1.2 update has officially come out today and there is something new that has been added within the app called MRRW. I got a chance to be part of their beta team to test out MRRW and test the new user interface on SKWRT. I’ll post up a video tutorial about how to use both parts of the app and show you some before and after photos done with both parts of the app.

Jump to within the video tutorial:

00:00 START
00:35 NEW GALLERY
01:25 IMAGE VIEWER + PRVW
03:27 NEW INTERFACE + EDGE SWIPE
04:54 EDITING + GOPRO CORRETION
08:21 AUTOCROP + CROP TOOL
10:15 MRRW IMAGE 1
12:46 MRRW IMAGE 2
16:09 WORKAROUND

Images in the video were by these people and you can follow them on Instagram: @jillhomer, @mrvalography, @mjagielski and @callicles

Normally I’ll show you how the app operates but the video tutorial does a great job of showing how the app operates.

Before and After with SKWRT 1.2 Update

First I want to show you a before and after photo using SKWRT. You can really push your photos to extreme straightening with no real limitations. As you can see in a before and after photo shown up above, that some serious extreme straightening.

SKRWT Photo Demo - 1

I shot this photo in Downtown with an Inmacus 18mm HD Wide-Angle Lens.

SKRWT Demo Photo - 2

Next I straighten the photo out with SKWRT and it looks pretty good.

MRRW - 1

Then I loaded my straighten photo onto MRRW, this is MRRW 1.

MRRW - 2

This is MRRW 2.

MRRW

MRRW is built into SKWRT and cost $.99 to export photos (in-app purchase). You don’t have to straighten the photo before you mirror it. I did tell them in the beta testing they should add a button if you want to SKWRT or MRRW first. In my opinion I feel that MRRW should be a stand alone app. It’s great inside SKWRT but not everyone is into always straightening their photos and would rather start mirroring first. Both SKRWT and MRRW can work hand in hand but doesn’t always work together, depending on what type of photos you’re straightening. I feel you don’t always have to straighten your photo before you mirror it and vice versa. It’s great way to pair the two. But I still feel MRRW should be a stand alone app and not an in-app purchase. SKWRT update overall is better than when I first got the app. I feel when I edit my photos with SKWRT (update 1.2). They don’t make me feel like I’m looking at the Leaning Tower of Pisa. They actually look straight. This has come to the closest thing to a desktop software program. Overall the whole update has left me with mixed feelings but for people who love precision and super straight looking photos. You might think this was a great update. If you have any questions about this blog post please leave comments, have a great day and ALL HAIL SYMMETRY !!!

CC3dsiWBeoOplRBbx7io7vvEX0J-kbnEjJSMLoJH3oM

Gallery | This entry was posted in Combo Apps: Mobile Extreme Editing, iPhoneography, Photography and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Combo Apps/MRRW by SKRWT update 1.2

Hello Ashcroft54 (Tina).

I’m with you – I prefer to have apps with a more singular purpose rather than apps that try to do too much. Thus, I would go with your preference to have SKRWT and MRRW as separate apps.

And thanks for the timeline for the second video – very handy.

🙂 … MomentsForZen (Richard)

I even told the developer. You’ve built a brand with SKRWT, so MRRW would have some or the same success as a stand alone app. They just didn’t get it. What bothered me most was they try to tell me this is how I edit, so therefore everyone else will edit this way. They only listen to feedback from people who agreed with them. I didn’t agree with them. So I decided to just not be so involved in the testing and post things instead. It’s not like they made any real innovations or anything revolutionary. They made an extension that just doesn’t fit with app and tried to justify it with precision. In the end, I would write out my opinions and say I left SKRWT with mixed feelings. At least I have the freedom to do things my own way and tell my story about the situation.

• rjllane says:

Well said, Ashcroft54 (Tina). Glad that you stood firm and decided to voice your own opinion. You only have to answer to yourself in the end, so, as they say, “to thine self be true”.

🙂 … MomentsForZen (Richard)

2. Mathew says:

Hello Tina, here is Mathew from SKRWT. It’s your opinion about MRRW and SKRWT and I am fine with it – absolutely! But what you have written in this comment section is just not reasonable. I did answer all your emails friendly, in a very open way and really tried to explain to you the idea and big plan of MRRW being in SKRWT – and I do still see you in the external tester panel in our iTunes connect account.

The thing is you did answer my questions but you expected everyone to do it your way. You said in your emails. That you don’t have time to think about what I said. You’re too busy with what you wanted to do, that’s what discouraged me the most. You just wanted robot clones to test your app. That’s something I didn’t disclose until now. So before you tell me, how helpful you were with me in answering questions. You weren’t, it was your way and you wanted all of us to say WOW !!! That’s all you wanted to hear. That’s the honest truth and I accepted that conclusion. This is why I left it as mixed feelings with the experience. I felt what is the point of giving feedback and suggestions when you’re were to busy to listen.

• Mathew says:

you know what – I am fine with this. It’s ok that you can’t make it right to everyone – I really tried and I apologize if I did offend you anyhow. Have a nice day.

I accept your apology. It’s time to make a new app because I believe you can do this. You should make MRRW a stand alone app with more tools and more effects. When you make MRRW a stand alone app, I would like to test it. It’s all up to you, have a nice day. 🙂

Well done Mathew and ashcoft54 for a civilized exchange – it restores some of the faith that I have in social media. All too often, an exchange like this degenerates into name calling and worse, and I wonder if the great tools and forums that we have at our disposal are being respected for the opportunities that they present.

🙂 … MomentsForZen (Richard)