Combo Apps/Relook

Relook – Professional Portrait Editor from Sumoing on Vimeo.

Relook is the latest app that has come out from Sumoing. I was lucky to try the app out before it was put on the App Store. You’re probably wondering, what does Relook have to offer in facial editing apps. Well for starters it’s universal to the iPad and the in-app purchases is for Photoshop support. If you have Photoshop this would be useful, since there are mobile photographers and mobile artist who still use Photoshop. It’s also about as powerful as Facetune. You don’t need to buy a separate version for your iPhone and iPad. Facetune might offer more tools but that’s been out for over two years. The other thing I also like is the fact I can use Relook on my iPhone 6 plus with ease.

Press Image

It’s a very easy app to operate. You can become a pro in minutes after using the app. Now if you have problems using the app, they have video tutorials that are linked to Vimeo. I’m sure over time there will be other tutorials on how to use Relook in the future. When you open up the app, Relook has 6 demo faces you can practice with before starting on your own photos.

Relook before-after1

1. Unique Bright-3 Technology for Skin Enhancement

Relook’s unique Bright-3 technology with unique touch up layer tools is the most effective skin enhancement technology available on mobile. The Bright-3 skin enhancement technology is built on three skin layers:

The Healing layer handles the difficult skin areas, like spots, acne, blemish – anything where complete skin healing is needed. The Healing layer is managed with the unique Spot Healing Tool that regenerates skin and replace sit intelligently with the best possible match.

The Smoothening layer diminishes the appearance of fine lines, pores, wrinkles and spots leaving completely natural looking skin with the original skin texture. The layer’s Smoothening Brush fine-tunes the natural skin texture and brings up the natural smoothness of the skin.

The Finishing layer is the top layer that provides a natural-looking matte finish for the skin. The Finishing Brush reduces grease, sweat and highlights that results are exceptionally natural, producing even-looking skin.

This unique Bright-3 layer retouching approach gives not only the most natural results, but is also very fast and easy to use.

2. Show Your Face in the Best Light

Add clarity, brighten eye colors and enhance whiteness of the teeth. This feature also gives you the ability to enhance skin tones, remove redness and shadows, plus adjusting the facial lighting to bring out the best in you. Haze the background to get full focus on the face and color correction tools give you the ability to adjust the face with the background giving you that optimal color of life.

3. Subtly Reshaping to Correct the Lens Effects

Relook’s reshaping controls allows you to adjust and correct lens distortions and enhance facial and body shapes.

All reshaping controls are non-destructive, allowing you to precisely adjust and re-adjust shaping operations until you get he perfect natural look you want.

4. Presents Optimized to Bring Out the Natural Beauty in You

The Presents are optimized for portraits with tones that fit every skin type and color.

Relook_before_after5

You can pick up Relook for $3.99 in the App Store. Relook is universal to the iPad, requires iOS 8 or later and optimized on the iPhone 5/6/6plus.

Relook gives Facetune a runs for it’s money and some serious competition. What’s nice is Relook has a tone of room for added tools later on down the road. I did recommend if they could add some make up tools. Some readers have been asking me for a good make up app for their mobile portraits.

If you have any questions about this blog post please leave comments, email Sumoing info@sumoing.com or email me ashcroft54@gmail.com. I want to thanks everyone at Sumoing for letting me try out their app. Have a great day and see you soon !!!

Relook App Icon

Gallery | This entry was posted in Combo Apps: Mobile Extreme Editing, iPhoneography, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Combo Apps/Relook

1. creatiwu says:

Face lifting without physical surgery. πŸ™‚

2. nico says:

Beautiful…

3. Nanashi says:

Thanks Tina! Just wondering if the saves are in the original resolution? Appreciate it!

4. Anne says:

I have tried a lot of ‘beauty’ apps but a lot of them just blurs out imperfections and would sometimes look fake and it would always come with a filter if you want a brightened look. This one looks promising though, those times when you just want a nice subtle tweaking without looking too obvious. πŸ˜‰

5. Lopes like an interesting app!!!

6. Kimberly says:

I like that it fixes lens distortion. I always find that difficult to adjust. Thank you for the review!

7. imapurrson says:

Thank you, Tina, for explaining the differences between Facetune and Relook. I was wondering how they differ. I don’t have Facetune. Relook seems like a terrific app as you’ve described. Thank you, always, for being such an informative blogger.

8. Danny says:

The app looks promising. Trying to fix the skins are challenging.

9. Wow!! Loks like a really useful app! Hope that it has lots of opportunities and high resolution!! Thanks a lot for the head up!

10. eucalyptha says:

Looks like a great app.

11. Chris says:

Relook does look very good and the Dev’s from Sumoing have already proven to be quite capable with Repix…

I’d really love to see for myself, how it compares face-to-face with Facetune πŸ˜‰

12. Isaac says:

Awesome!! Was looking to get this app last week.

13. Zack says:

Great overview of how the app works, thanks. I’ve been using Facetune for some time now, and I actually use It more on non-face or portrait pictures for corrections as much as I do on people. From what you’ve seen, any advantages or comparisons you could make in that regard? Thanks in advance

14. Jane Schultz says:

This app looks like it’s worth adding to the arsenal. The developers already have a winner with Repix.

15. danmblog says:

I would love to try this out. I do have Facetune, would like to compare them. This looks like it may have stuff that goes beyond just fixing up for portraits.

16. Bridget says:

Not many apps have photos for practicing. The practice faces should make the learning curve a lot easier.

17. Melissa truett says:

Sounds EXCITING! As always thanks for your tips!!!!!

18. Brandan says:

Nice review Tina!! The app looks really good.

19. Egmont says:

It looks like finally a wonderful and useful app considering nothing new has been released in several months. Thank you for the in-depth article.

20. ozkyocs says:

I like the icon. Much better than the old fashioned Facetune. Hope to get a code to try.

21. Interesting app. Thanks for posting about it.