Combo App/NightCap Pro 6.0

iPhone5@2x

Two days ago NightCap Pro just had a huge update, 6.0. It’s a total redesign from the earlier version and new features with better controls that were added along with manual controls. I am a fan of taking long exposure night shots, so I will be doing this in the future with my iPhone 6 plus during the New Moon. Which will be tomorrow night according to Moon Phase, so wish me luck !!!

nightcap_pro_general_controls

1. Aidie, a fully automatic AI camera operator: Aidie chooses the optimum camera settings for you automatically, meaning brighter, clearer photos in low light with less risk of blurring the shot. All you need to do is hold steady and tap the shutter.

2. Innovative manual camera controls: Designed for photographers: intuitive gesture-based control of exposure, ISO, focus and even white balance. Instant, full manual control of all camera features is available, you simply slide your finger across different parts of the screen to control different parameters. It’s as easy and intuitive as turning a dial. And full manual control is available in video mode too !!!

3. ISO Boost: Get up to 4x higher ISO for those tricky shots !!!

4. Simpler, easier to use interface: Despite adding major new features we’ve simplified the user interface – there are now 30% fewer buttons, making the app easier to use.

I highly recommend you take full advantage of the Tutorials on NightCap’s webpage. Other sites to check out using NightCap Pro are iAstrophotography, GoISSWatch – International Space Station Tracking and Star Trails by Andy Stone on Flickr.

NightCap Pro – $1.99
NightCap – $.99

*NightCap Pro Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.*

*NightCap Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.*

The difference between the two app are NightCap Pro takes advantage of the manual controls added to iPhone 6/6 plus and universal to the iPad. If you have an iPhone 6/6 plus, I would get the Pro version of the app just for the controls. Also if you don’t plan to update your older devices to iOS 8, then her NightCap. If you have any questions about this blog post, please leave comments or email me ashcroft54@gmail.com.

NightCap_Pro_icon-642x642

Gallery | This entry was posted in Combo Apps: Mobile Extreme Editing, iPhoneography, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Combo App/NightCap Pro 6.0

1. eucalyptha says:

Wow great blog. Loved reading it. Would like to try the app

2. svrc says:

That looks good πŸ™‚

3. Look like an interesting application TIna

4. Now that there are four comments, I can actually take the time and properly respond tot he review of this product.
    First off, thank you for introducing us to another application and one that appears to be needed since night time photography is one of the most neglected subject matters among mobile photographers. Maybe this app will help bring an interest to the subject.

5. svrc says:

Thanx for NightCap πŸ™‚

6. Isaac says:

Ugh, missed another code.

7. Shruti says:

Missed it again πŸ˜”

8. Nanashi says:

This app is pretty awesome! I got it awhile back and compared it to quite a few other apps for night shooting … I’ll just say this app is on my home screen … The noise reduction is really good and I’m loving the new gesture controls … Definitely worth the purchase!!

Hello ashcroft54 (Tina).

Thanks for your quick review. NightCap Pro is my app of choice for low lighting conditions – for light trails and “bulb” (ultra-long exposure) shots, taking over from Slow Shutter Cam a year or so ago. By coincidence, I was out early this morning with my iPhone on a small MeFoto tripod – using it to capture some shots of lights in delightfully surreal foggy pre-dawn conditions. I think that the new interface for the manual controls is fantastic – very easy and intuitive. The photos were excellent quality – as always.

… MomentsForZen (Richard)

10. Pingback: Combo App/NightCap Pro 6.0 | iPhoneography-Toda...