Combo Apps/Paint FX 5.0 Update

Paint FX just did a brand new update with their app to complement iOS 7, new icon and an Open Challenge community. I’ll talk about the Open Challenge communtiy later in the blog post so for now I want to talk about the latest update with Paint FX by Animagik. Normally I will show you screen shots but the developer have really nice helpful tutorials that will give your the necessary tools that you will need to do the blending, masking or adding simple editing effects you need on your photos/images.

Bud Demo Paint FX

This was a macro photo I took with ProCamera 7 and edited with Paint PX with blending and layers. I used a cloud photo to blend around the flower bud and halftone the whole image. Simple but really effective when you want to make your image look seamless.

1@2x

2@2x

3@2x

4@2x

5@2x

These are the press screen shots provided for me and these are iPad screen shots.

Camera Roll-2729

Here are the iPhone screen shots so you will know how the app will look on your iPhone.

Vida Pout

This is titled,” Vida Pout” and edited with Paint FX.

Camera Roll-3076

Camera Roll-3075

Camera Roll-3077

These are the details for the Open Challenge forum, you can win prizes, points, badges and rankings. Now this isn’t my “cup of tea” but if you’re into these types of challenges then go for it. I’d like to remind you that not to take these challenges seriously. What they’re for is to inspire you, to challenge your creativity and push your editing skills. Whatever happens just be proud of your skills, you don’t need praise from other people to tell you if you’re good or not. The whole point is to have fun and GO FOR IT !!!

Camera Roll-3078

Here I am if you want to follow me that’s fine but I will probably not do very many challenges because I’ve a very busy person these days.

Paint FX: Introduction Tutorial

Paint FX: Mask Mode Tutorial

Paint FX: Image Blend Mode Tutorial

Paint FX: Turorial Replace Sky, Blend Layers

Paint FX: Tutorial HDR, Glitter and Blend

The Leaf Is Rising

Night Sky

Now here are two more edited I did of a house I shot with Hipstamatic. I used the blending tool a lot for layer my photos. Paint FX is one of my favorite blending and layers apps. I’ve been using it a lot lately for Pushing Stars 2 and other edits. What I really like most are the otehr blend modes they offer that other apps don’t have such as, Liner Burn, Liner Dodge, Vivid Light, Liner Light, Pin Light, Hard Mix, Glow, Phoenix, Average and Negation. Those blending effects are great and will push your creativity. You can pick up Paint FX for $2.99 but it’s on sale for $1.99 for a limited time. This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad.

If you have any questions about this blog post please leave a comment or email me ashcroft54@gmail.com. Have a Happy Holiday and see you soon…

NoëlNightscape - Downtown San Francisco - 20131209Lift offChurchyard, WinterLake in WinterSolitary Tree, Winter
Winter DawnEverything changed. My thoughts rearranged...  I felt my mind burn through itself.Messages Under the Bridge, 4.StillA.D.D.

365/355Velvet Flower

20131221-213603.jpg

Gallery | This entry was posted in Combo Apps: Mobile Extreme Editing, iPhoneography, Photography and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Combo Apps/Paint FX 5.0 Update

1. woolane says:

Great intro! Nice photo app.

2. Jimmy says:

That’s looks pretty cool. I wouldn’t mind giving it a try.

3. Bridget says:

I would like to try this app. I’m editing skills have increased with your help.

4. creatiwu says:

Am I in time to a copy? Thanks!

5. UMM says:

Wow! Like it!

6. Daniel says:

I would love one,thanks

7. UMM says:

Hi~I really want to try it!! Thanks a lot!

8. Marc Bestgen says:

Hi Tina! The BiG problem I face with this app is the competition story. From childhood we are faced with competition (unlike in some eastern countries where personal development does not pass through a selection of being the best). I can’t be sure about, but I suspect that in order to be amongst the first ones on top, to gain the Itunes gifts, to be valorized, people probably make alliances, liking mass following in view of being followed too, liking pics hoping the other person will like yours, publicize on network (“help my pic be the first”) and the likes. In short, a small society within an app. I do not like how these challenges present themselves. This is why I like Okdothis: not leaderboard, no prizes, no competition. I consider also this competition side pushing people to do more and more pictures even when they do not feel like, just to gain (the equivalent of money in our society) a pathetic token or badge. I wish photography could be left alone from competitions, hard to fight this when major printed photo magazines show us the “best picture of 2013” or “compete for the best portrait 2014”. This is our society. I rather go for social network pictures sharing like Oggl carefully selecting some pictures and showing them on a “worth watching” gallery, this being a source of inspiration for me. That’s my humble point of view in regard of this competition story. Have a good day Tina! Marc

Marc, I do agree with you on “like” me or “not.” I don’t do any competitions and rarely will do a challenge. I do have an account if people want to follow, but I did say I don’t plan to do anything with it. I do like the MyMoleskine Community and other share communities and groups. I feel most of these competitions are bias on all levels. Most of the judges have made up their minds of what they’re looking for, anyways. A lot of competitions are set up for false hopes and dreams, that’s why I don’t do them. I’m not an establish artist and didn’t go to a fancy art school. I got excepted to go to a few fancy art schools just on my straight photography skills. Now years later and messing up my chances with School of The Art Institute of Chicago and having that sore spot for such a long time. That part of my life has open my eyes now in the presence of Mobile Arts Movement. What it’s taught me I wasn’t meant to go, I was meant to see that I was better off. Because struggling and messing up has grounded me and to be humble to all artist of any medium.