Tonight I’m going to show how I make these “Pinwheel Effects”. It’s really easy and simple. You will need the follow apps to do this effect. It’s one of those creative things you can do anywhere on the go. Basically I was playing with my iPhone for some crazy angle shots. This was one of those “happy accidents”. Then an idea popped in my head !!! My idea was what would happen if I rotated the images and used Diptic to combine the rotated images. What you see up above is what happened. Something so simple, that turned out to be great. This would be a great way to use your abstract angle images.
1. You want to use a camera app of your choice, perferibly a square format camera app. I like to use Hipstamatic. This is the picture I shot for the blog. Basically I was playing with my iPhone for crazy angle shots. Make sure you fine patterns or textures while shooting your picture.
2. You will load up your picture on Filterstorm. Then touch the double up arrows at corner bottom left.
3. Tap on rotate image and then save your pictures. Do this 3 times after each rotate of the image with the same photo after each save. This is great because you don’t have to go back and reload your photo. It’s quick and easy.
4. Load up Diptic and pick the 4 square layout.
5. Touch “Select from Photo Albums”
6. Touch each square to load in your rotated photos.
7. To take off the border and make your Diptic borderless, is simple. Tap on the “Effects” button and slide the Rounded Square back to 0. That’s how you get a borderless Diptic.
8. The go back to “Select” to move and fix your images to the your eye can see. Now this is where I wish I had an ipad so I can eye ball these types of images. It never really perfect but try to make it as close as you can to lining up your photos. An easy way is if you have lines, shapes or anything that can help you lines up your photos.
9. After you done lining up your photos, touch the “Export” to save your photo. I always save at “High-Res”. It’s takes a little longer but we all know it’s worth it.
This is the what you get when your done. It’s really cool and no darkroom mess !!! Gosh I remember trying to this in the darkroom. What a headache that was !!!
I wanted to make a little more Red.
Ok, now this finishes one of the blogs I’m doing tonight. If you like this blogs or have anything to say, leave comments on the blog or e-mail me ASHCROFT54@yahoo.com. You can also follow me on Instagram, Twitter and Tumblr @ashcroft54. check out the Combo Apps Flickr Group too, lots of great images to look at in the group.
Combo Apps, a group on Flickr.